In this article we are going to show you how to create a database user. It’s very simple and it’s the best way to connect to your database by using the user, it also let’s you choose permissions for each user.
1. Login to your cPanel: You can find your cPanel login details in the email we send you when you setup the account or you can connect directly from your Smughost account.
2. Find and Click “MySQL Databases” under the “Databases” tab on your cPanel.
3. Now scroll down and find “Add New User”, now enter your new user name, then choose a secure password and click “Create User”.
4. You will then receive a success message.
5. Navigate back to the MySQL Databases page by clicking “Go Back”.
Then scroll and find “Add User to Database” and select your new user and the database you want to link that user to and then click “Add”.
6. Either select the permissions you want to grant that user or select all of them by clicking the button displayed below.
Then click “Make Changes”.
You have now created your database user and connected it to the database. You can now go ahead and connect to your database using them details. If you have any questions or need help, get in touch!