In this article we are going to show you how to create a WordPress website using the Plesk WordPress Toolkit. The WordPress Toolkit is a fantastic feature we offer with all Plesk Packages.
The WordPress Toolkit allows you to truly take control of WordPress installations easily, from the settings to the backups it gives you full control.
1. Login to your Plesk: You can find your Plesk login details in the email we send you when you setup the account.
2. Find and Click “WordPress” on the sidebar.
3. Now click “Install”.
4. To start installing WordPress we have to complete the quick and easy form.
Installation Path: This is the domain you will install WordPress to. Most commonly you would want the installation path (end box) to be empty to install onto the main domain name.
WordPress Title: Enter the title of the website.
Plugin/Theme Set: You can use this section to choose a starter set of plugins and themes to start with. If you choose one it will automatically install the specified plugins and themes.
Version: We recommend leaving this as the most recent version unless you have a specific need for a version.
5. Now you will specify your admin details.
Username: Enter a unique username for your WordPress admin area.
Password: Choose a secure admin password or generate one.
Email: Enter an active email address, this can be used in future to reset your password.
6. Next is the database settings, you can leave the default ones that are selected for you.
7. Now we are at the last part of the form, these are the automatic update settings, you can choose to update WordPress, plugins and themes automatically. We recommend setting this up from your admin area, to do so simply leave them as “Defined Individually”.
8. Now click “Install”.
WordPress is now installed and you will be able to start using it, you will see it from your WordPress Toolkit panel.
Now that WordPress installed you can continue to use it, you can login to the admin area and start managing it from the WordPress Toolkit.